02 May 2013

Faking Celine (posted on 29/04/2012)



I received an e-newsletter from Jades24 this morning. Nothing out of there ordinary there. After scrolling to the near bottom, I see an ad for a new neon colour series of bags without any brand name. Again nothing out of the ordinary. The bag happens to look identical to the Celine bag that is so right now, so obviously I think there might be additional colours available for spring and click on the image. Though I must admit I was surprised why all of a sudden Celine sells online where it was previously solely possible to purchase in store only. Anyway, I click away in order to see the new colours. The link obviously takes me to Jades24, which is an online luxury boutique based in Duesseldorf, Germany. 
Check it out:
Jades24 sells these NIIA bags that are crazy identical to the Celine bags even in indirect reference to them as Jades24 associates celebrities such as Miley Cyrus with those bags. Jades24 fails to identify that Miley loves the authentic 100% beautiful and super luxurious leather Celine bag and NOT the bad NIIA imitation.
Now comes the interesting bit: I am a trained researcher/journalist, so I went to Google and typed in "NIIA bags" and clicked on images. The result was 75% Nigerian associated images....
The NIIA website though seems to want to "appear" Italian.
There is a reason why I am against cheap fakes: the smell of cancer chemicals, child labour and corruption are just too hard to ignore.

No comments: