30 July 2013

Givenchy AW13 or Vodka Bambi Met Kurt Cobain



Givenchy is dear to me.
My Antigona smiles at me every day. But that's not all there is to Givenchy. Take a look at Givenchy's Autumn/Winter 2013/2014 collection and you'll see why. It's like Bambi had Vodka and danced with Kurt Cobain in the woods. It's a little bit fairy tale, Red Hot Chili Peppers and French macaroons all thrown together to create this crazy amazing amalgamation of a serious cohesive, subversive, interesting and a tiny bit disturbing collection. 
Kafka was also ahead of his time; never understood by his peers but a genius in disguise.
Givenchy has this Kafka-esque feel to me that is deep, intellectual, street, genius-ahead but also dirty cool. 
I am particularly fond of Pat McGrath's mauve makeup palette, which is so now and fresh at the same time.
But also grown up, sophisticated and avantgarde cool.
Love.
The Chic C.

No comments: