08 May 2013

A Classic: PRADA (posted on 22/07/2012)



I was recently asked for advice regarding the purchase of a fabulously fashionable new bag.
I asked, if it was a completely new step into fashion or if it was simply an addition to an already existing fashion wardrobe? The first, was the answer.
Here is what I said:
If money is not object (or not the predominant object), then pick a classic such as a black/cream/grey Prada top handle bag as seen above. 
I remember my very first ludicrously expensive bag purchase was for a superbly beautiful cream Italian-leather FURLA top handle bag, which I bought at ILLUM in Copenhagen while I was travelling many years ago. It was so worth it.
Why, she asked. 
It's simple because if you are just starting out in building a fashion wardrobe, it would be foolish to begin with stand-out pieces that scream for attention and most often than not are solely suitable for special occasions.
So invest (even if money is an object) in a classic that will stand the test of time, which has a color that works will all or most, that works for day and night, that is of medium size because you never know what you might need to pack and - last but not least - is in a fabulously great fabric such as Prada's Saffiano leather, which is unbelievably long-wearing and absolutely never loses its appeal.
Prada is simply chic enough to be sophisticated but also cool and arty enough to be fashion.
The perfect combination in my opinion.

No comments: