07 May 2013

Vanille Chic by Les Senteurs Gourmandes (posted on 24/06/2012)



I am a sucker for all things vanilla. I personally think its one of the chicest, simplest notes one can 'wear' on one's skin and be perceived as so much more elegant.
I was recently travelling again and decided it was time to check out the lovely International Pharmacy in FRA airport (I believe it was Terminal 1) a shot as I had always passed it by without ever blinking an eyelash always dashing for the designer store a few feet down.
And as I was exploring the great selection of French, German and other luxe/organic beauty products, my eye was caught by a large array of glass bottles by Les Senteurs Gourmandes.
I obviously gave every single one of the many different fragrance options a quick try and fell in love with the beautiful variety of sweet notes all somewhat based on vanilla. There is vanilla with apricot, vanilla chocolate....something for everyone.
The above, Vanille Bourbon, is my absolute favorite as it is a strong rival to my beloved Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille, a splendid vanilla fragrance. I have never found anything that comes comes to its unbelievable scent quality.
Until now that is. The above is a great alternative if you are on a budget as it comes in at one third of the price of the Serge Lutens and smells very similar.

No comments: