24 April 2013

Lux Fur (posted on 25/10/2011)


I am a sucker for fur. Anything and everything made of real fur, nothing is better. I recently stumbled upon this Marni pre-fall 2011 coat in the new Cabinet 206 catalog that was sent to me. There is something about it that entices me and at the same time there is something I am not completely in love with. The cream colour of the shearling is a chic pick surely. And I do think the lamb-leather patches on the shoulders are quite innovative. The look above is nothing I would recommend to a sane person who wants to look chic and glamorous. I hate the tights with the ugly shoe-boots and this unsightly dress underneath. But imagine a mini skirt in cream silk with a cashmere turtleneck and some beige tights combined with some high heels or high boots and all of a sudden this look starts to work. The coat is nice though, just a bit too voluminous in my opinion. You can make it work by styling it with streamlined tight pieces that are understated chic and you've got a look going. 

No comments: