24 April 2013

Tangerine Anti-Chic (posted on 01/01/2012)



Orange has never been my favorite color. Only last year did I warm to this weirdly loud screaming color and bought the tiniest shorts at ZARA. As they are minuscule, I do not feel too bad about treading in this crazy-color-territory. And every time I do wear them, they add just the right amount of pop to my outfits. This experience has shown me that all colors -loved or not- can be used to great effect. Though orange is one of those little pains that need an experienced hand at distributing the right dosage.
Above I have picked a new Diane Von Furstenberg halterneck dress in neon tangerine and black with raffia effect bust, crochet overlay and silver lurex spots. I like the top of the dress, where the tangerine just gently pokes out. The bottom of the dress has me flabbergasted. Is it a piece of bedding? Or is it a tea towel? Dear stylistes, this is the anti-chic.
Available at Net-a-Porter.com, £335.

No comments: