24 April 2013

Wang's Trim (posted on 31/12/2011)



Alexander Wang's merino wool sweater dress with silk chiffon trim confuses me as much as it entices me like most of his designs. I love how Wang is able to create wearable and sexy yet super edgy clothes that scream "Buy Me, Wear Me, Never Let Me Go". I am overcome buy this mantra every time I set eyes on his shoe designs, which are so covetable I can hardly contain myself. This dress has me fascinated though. I love the silk trimmed hem, the chunky wool of the top bit of the sweater as well as the degrade felt technique. I am also intrigued how it combines the seen with the unseen and thus creates mystery and seduction simultaneously. Sex and Religion have found a home, where both can happily coexist. Tres Bien!
It is available at Browns for £325.

No comments: